Artography Limited Privacy Notice
Artography Limited appreciates and values your business and your trust. Like you, we know and understand that your privacy is most important to you. Therefore, we have implemented this “Privacy Notice” to inform you of the information that we collect from you when you visit our website ("www.ArtographyLimited.shop") and what we do with it, for what purposes and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
Who we are & what we do
Artography Limited licenses iconic photographic images and visual art created by world famous photographers and visual artists and also rising stars. Each image is printed on fine art paper or canvas in traditional and poster formats for wall décor use framed or unframed. Artography Limited is headquartered in the UK and in the US. The website is operated by Artography Limited.
What personal information do we collect?
Information you provide to us:
Certain parts of our website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we ask you to provide your name, contact details and payment details in order to purchase a printed product from us or to set up an online account, or your email address to sign up to receive future updates and/or to submit questions to us.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically:
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, browser-type, the URL of the previous web site you visited, your ISP, operating system and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
The ability to collect this information enables us to better understand and to diagnose problems with our server and to administer properly to our website, as well as understand the visitors who come or log into our website, where they came from, and what content is of interest to them. This information aids us in distribution and merchandising and in upgrading and developing the current and future design and layout of our website. We may collect this information by using cookies and similar tracking technology. This is explained further below under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology.”
What we do with your personal information?
We never rent, trade or share your address or e-mail address with any other company for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may use the information we collect through our website for a number of business purposes, including:
- Improve the design, layout, navigation and content of our website;
- Identify any server problems or other IT or network issues;
- Compile aggregated statistics about customer traffic patterns and site usage to better understand the preferences of our visitors; and
- Improve our products and services, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify our users and clients and also to carry out other legitimate business purposes, such as to
- Provide, operate, optimize and maintain the website and our products and services;
- Process, fulfill and provide updates on orders;
- Set up online accounts;
- Where it is in agreement with your likings, send you marketing information we think you'll find valuable, and if you take advantage of special offers made by our marketing partners, send your details to our marketing partners (with your consent);
- Provide customer support, deal with your online enquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us;
- To continue to improve our ability to serve you relevant ads across the Internet for products that will be more interesting to you, we may provide your personal information to our advertising agents that use your information solely for our advertising purposes. You may, from time to time, receive information (including by email or postal mail) from us about new features, new services and special offers we think you'll find valuable.
We will only process personal information in ways that are compatible with the purpose we collected it for, or for the purposes you later authorize. Before we use your personal information for a purpose that is materially different than the purpose we collected it for or that you later authorized, we will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out.
Who do we share information with?
We may share and disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following circumstances:
- Within the Artography Limited group of companies for the purposes described in this Notice.
- To vendors and other third-party service providers who require access to your personal information to assist in the running of the website, our products and services, and any other business-related functions. As an example, we partner with one or more credit card processing companies to assist us in processing your payment. We may partner with third parties that offer credit checks services that review credit worthiness of certain users to manage our risk and help us to avoid sending out orders to users that cannot afford to pay. We may also work with third party service providers to assist us providing targeted email campaigns, assemble and prepare personalized offers and/or make particular product or purchase recommendations. However, those companies do not retain, share, store, or use personal information for any secondary purposes.
- We may also disclose your information to third parties: (a) where required by law or regulatory requirement, court order or other judicial authorization, (b) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purposes of meeting national security and law enforcement requirements; (c) in connection with the sale, transfer, merger, bankruptcy, restructuring or other reorganization of a business; (d) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property, or that of third parties; (e) to investigate any wrongdoing in connection with the website or our services; (f) to protect the vital interests of an individual.
- To an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- To any other person with your consent.
What About Cookies and similar tracking technology?
We are similar to all e-commerce websites in that we use “cookies”. Cookies are bits of information stored on your computer by your web browser. Our cookies don't store any of your personal information but they do allow us to do things such as keeping items in your shopping cart between your visits or during the same visit to provide you with a more personalized user experience.
It is your choice if you want your web browser to accept cookies. Your browser “Help” section of the toolbar should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can disable and / or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by just changing the add-ons settings or visiting the manufactures website for instructions.
We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on our website. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services.
Most major web sites collect this anonymous information by using a pixel tag and is industry standard technology in which no personal information is collected or used. They do not know your name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user. If you need more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this unidentified information used by our third-party service provider, please contact using the contact information below, including if you need to find out more about our cookies and how to manage your cookie opt-outs.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be stored and processed by us in any country where we have facilities or where we engage service providers, and your personal information may therefore be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the U.S., which may have different data protection rules to those of your country. Where we do so, our collection, storage and use of your personal information will be in accordance with the purposes set out in this Notice.
Specifically, we may transfer your personal and non-personal information to Artography Limited for storage in the U.S.
Legal basis for processing your personal information
(EEA visitors/customers only)
If you are a visitor or a customer located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you such as ordering a product or products from us, or where the processing is in our legitimate business interests. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information. If you have any concerns, please contact us using the contact information below under the “How to contact us”.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
When transferring any personal information from the EEA and Switzerland to the U.S., Artography Limited adheres to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Artography Limited agrees to adherence to apply the Privacy Shield Principles to all personal information it processes in reliance on the Shield.
For the purposes of enforcing compliance, Artography Limited is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
If Artography Limited has received your personal information in the U.S. and subsequently transfers it to a third-party agent or service provider for processing, and such third-party agent or service provider processes your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, Artography Limited remains responsible under the Privacy Shield Principals unless we can prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
You can direct any questions or complaints about the use or disclosure of your personal information to us at email@example.com and we will investigate and resolve any complaints or disputes regarding the use of personal information within forty-five (45) days of receiving your complaint.
You may have the option to select binding arbitration for the resolution of your complaint under certain circumstances. For information on how to request access, rectification or deletion of your personal information if it is inaccurate or processed incorrectly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information and its security is the of utmost importance to us.
We encrypt information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) when you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number on our registration and / or order forms. For purchases made online with credit cards, your credit card number is stored in an encrypted form for a limited amount of time. We never store PIN data or 3-digit security codes and our employees do not have access to this information.
All appropriate technical and organizational security measures are used and updated to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration and destruction, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, please be advised that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your data protection rights & choices
Please note that you have the following rights:
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available below.
- You can access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under “How to contact us” below”. You can also correct many of the details in your account by logging in to your account.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. Alternatively, please contact us at email@example.com and please include your complete name, e-mail address and mailing address. Please understand that it may take up to three to five business days to remove you from our marketing list. Possibly after this point you may still receive customer service related communications from us.
We respond to all requests we receive for those wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How we link to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites and to third party plug-ins (such as social media sharing buttons) operated by other companies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We ask that you be aware when they leave our site and to please read the privacy notices of other websites. This Notice applies solely to information collected by our website.
Your personal information will be retained for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other lawful purposes.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, it will either be deleted or we will anonymize it, or if this is not possible (ex: because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will then securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Our products and our services are intended for users ages 18 and older. Therefore, we will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from persons that we know to be under the age of 18. In addition, we will delete any information in our database that we know originates from a child under the age of 18.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of your personal information, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us at:
3 Columbus Circle, 15th floor
New York, NY 10019
Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available below.
2100 Powell Street, 10th Floor
Emeryville, CA 94608
De Voorde 40, 5807EZ Oostrum Lb, Netherlands
For the purposes of EU data protection legislation, Artography Limited is the manager of your personal information in respect for interactions with and purchases made from our website.
Updated May 25, 2018